Monday, September 22, 2008

Awesome Service


Yesterday was AWESOME at church!!! It was not your typical church service.. (Sing songs, sermon, offering, song, go home...) I am so thankful that we are there!!! It is nice to know that our Pastor will follow the Holy Spirit's leading... It makes me feel like I can trust him and that he is looking out for our best interest as his flock...

Our pastor felt like the Lord was leading us to: worship, pray and share how the Lord is moving in our lives... That was the whole service! WOW!!! I am so glad that we are not going to be "PLAYING" church... It was so refreshing... I love to be taught, but it is encouraging to know that he (Pastor Brad) is not just teaching us the Word, he is actually inviting the Lord in and letting Him lead... THANK YOU LORD!!!

Ok, the whole fear thing came up AGAIN!! The pastor asked if anyone wanted to share what the Lord has been doing in their lives... My heart was beating so fast.. I knew I was suppose to share... But, then one friend of mine got up and shared and it was wonderful... Then my heart was still going, but I was too scared to get up, and another person got up to share... They were very transparent, and honest and the Lord got the glory... So, then she sat down, and I even groaned because I knew I needed to get up and share.... But, I did not... I told the Lord if he (Pastor Brad) asked again, that I would get up, but he did not ask...

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

Sorry Lord.... He is SO faithful and has been so merciful to me, how could I not get up and share? I am just going to have to do it afraid, if need be!!!

To any Pastor that may read this... Please do not be discouraged if the Lord places something on your heart like this, and not many people get up... I bet there are a lot of people that would like to share, but they are scared... I wonder how many more were sitting out there that also felt the same thing that I did... I was literally wrestling with the Lord about it...


I read this, this morning: Matthew 10:27 - What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

I hear you Lord, and I will!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy,
    I hopped over from Edie's blog and love the wonderful treasures you have found.

    I can sure relate to the whole feeling of should I or shouldn't I share. I also have done it afraid:)

    ReplyDelete