Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Running


I am so excited! A friend and I were talking after breakfast yesterday, and started talking about running... I told her that I love to run! She told me that she has run in a marathon! (WOW!) I told her that I have always wanted to... But I do not know where to begin... (When I run, I run/walk..) I walk for a little while then run and repeat..

Anyway - she suggested the Thanksgiving Day 5K Run... So.... I am scared, but I am going to do it! Lord willing and by HIS GRACE!

I know it probably does not sound scary to most, but I have never run 3miles!

I told Steve yesterday that I really did not know if I could even run a mile...

So, I got up this morning, prayed before I went out the door and took off... I JOGGED A MILE OR MORE! I could not believe it! I know it sounds funny, but I did not know that I could!

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me - Philippians 4:13

It makes me wonder what else I can do... I had a friend tell me in an e-mail this morning to: "DREAM BIG"... And I think that is how I am going to start living!

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.


Dream Big!
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. You CAN do it! I know you can! And the best thing to do is just sign up and DO IT! So what if you don't run the whole time, but but just think how amazing you will feel when you are done.

    ReplyDelete