Sunday, January 31, 2010

~ NEW BEGINNINGS ~






I have a dear friend that is starting a new chapter in her ministry life... I met her 2007 after answering an ad...


In the ad in my neighborhood news letter, it said that they were offering a "Post Abortive" Bible Study at a nearby church... I was in SHOCK!! I knew that the Lord forgave me for going through abortion, but I had NO IDEA He wanted to actually heal me from it...


Up to that point, I had been in and out of depression... I didn't know why. I had been saved for three years, and knew I was forgiven {but probably only in my mind.. I guess my heart did not know yet..}. But after meeting Yvonne and going through the Bible Study, I realized I had not grieved my loss... And I really did not know before then that the Lord didn't want me to hold on to that..


I can't tell you the how much freedom I have had since then... Thank You Lord...


And I think that one of the things that has shocked me the most is that He would not only heal me from something I did, but that He would use it to help someone else...


I shared what I went through at my church and they decided to hold the Bible Study there and five women within this tiny church came forward.. {so many suffer in silence..}


I was also asked to share my testimony in a women's prison in Indianapolis, Indiana... The ministry that asked me to share, had been told that they were not aloud to address abortion with the women. I was told that since it was my testimony, then I could share... It was amazing... The Lord knows our struggles, He knew that there were many women in that room who had gone through the same thing I did, and they were hurting. He wanted to bring healing that day, and I believe He did...


I can't tell you how much the Lord healed me through a Post Abortive Bible Study and blessed me through the friendship I have with Yvonne...


If you or anyone you know has gone through an abortion, I think you would really be blessed by checking out her blog at: NEW BEGINNINGS. {And if you happen to live in the West Houston/Katy/Sugarland/Brookshire/Fulsher area, and need the kind of healing I am talking about go to: http://www.newbeginnings-katy.org/}

No comments:

Post a Comment