Monday, December 8, 2008

~MY RESIGNATION~



This is my official "Resignation Letter" to whom it may concern...

I have served this position faithfully for the last 10 years... I stumbled upon this position, and quickly rose to the top... I have served this position with tenacity, hard work, long hours, and great effort, all on my own... I take full credit and will not let anyone share it with me, because I have needed no one other than myself to maintain this position..

But, after 10 years of serving this position faithfully, and after much reflection, I have decided that there are many others who could and want to serve this position and some even better than I. So, it is time for me to step down...

It is time for me to choose a position that is more humble and less seen by the world... I have been called to something else...


Today, December 8, 2008, I, Tracy K. Roberts, am stepping down from the position of:
President of the Land of Whiners and Complainers.

I no longer want to be in this position, I leave it to the media, and who ever else wants to be negative, whine and complain... (I am not talking about true, hurtful, desperate places that we all come to in our lives, i.e. the valleys..) I am just talking about being aware of what is in my heart and mind and what comes out of my mouth...

Philippians 4:4-8

4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

You may ask why I have this down for all to see, my answer is:


Habakkuk 2: 2-3 Write the vision, and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that readeth it. 3For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.



Though this new position is not a highly visible one, I feel called and compelled to answer the call. This position, I can't do on my own.. It calls for my death (daily), and I will need all the help I can get.... I have been on the throne of my heart too long, and I am stepping down...

Here is a poem I found: (I do not know who wrote it..)


When you are forgotten, or neglected,
or purposely set at naught, and you
don't sting or hurt with the insult or
the oversight, but your heart is happy,
being counted worthy to suffer for YAHSHUA,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When your good is evil spoken of,
when your wishes are misunderstood
your advise disregarded, your opinions
ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger
rise in your heart, or even defend
yourself, but take it all in patient, loving silence,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When you lovingly and patiently bear
any disorder, any irregularity, any
unpunctuality, or any annoyance; when
you stand face to face with waste, folly,
extravagance, spiritual insensibility-
and endure it as YAHSHUA endured,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When you are content with any food,
any offering, any climate, any society,
any raiment, any interruption
by the will of YAHWEH,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When you never care to refer to your-
self in conversation, or to record your
own good works, or itch after commendations,
when you can truly love to be unknown,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When you can see your brother prosper
and have his needs met and can honestly
rejoice with him in spirit and feel no envy,
nor question YAHWEH while your own
needs are greater and in desperate circumstances,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

When you can receive correction and
reproof from one of less stature than your-
self and can humbly submit inwardly as
well as outwardly, finding no rebellion
or resentment rising up within your heart,
THAT IS DYING TO SELF.

Are you dead yet?
In these last days, the Spirit would bring us
to the stake
"That I may know HIM, and the
power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship
of HIS sufferings, being made conformable
unto HIS death."Philippians 3:10


P.S. I know someone from: "The Land of Never Takes Anything Seriously", that will be dancing and leaping and shouting for joy because of this.. ;-) (You know who you are..)


I laughed a lot while writing this!!








2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Tracy, awesome! Love this! Girl, we are on the same wavelength. Gotta go to my blog and read!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen sister!!! I resign as well!!! Thank you for directing me here for a read!! Much love! Leigh

    ReplyDelete