Monday, November 17, 2008

Being Willing To Listen....

A warning given by an experienced person to someone willing to listen is more valuable than … jewelry made of the finest gold.” (Proverbs 25:12 TEV)

I guess I am at a new place of learning in my walk... It is so interesting that there are a couple of people that have taken offense to what I have posted on here or facebook... I think they think I am judging... When they KNOW where I came from, and what the Lord has done in my life... I am not judging... I guess the scripture above says it all "SOMEONE WILLING TO LISTEN"...

I asked the Lord if I was not walking in love and was I supposed to keep my mouth shut?... Then I went to my Bible and opened it up to a random page and it opened to Matthew 10..


21-23"When people realize it is the living God you are presenting and not some idol that makes them feel good, they are going to turn on you, even people in your own family. There is a great irony here: proclaiming so much love, experiencing so much hate! But don't quit. Don't cave in. It is all well worth it in the end. It is not success you are after in such times but survival. Be survivors! Before you've run out of options, the Son of Man will have arrived. (Matthew 10:21-23)

26-27"Don't be intimidated. Eventually everything is going to be out in the open, and everyone will know how things really are. So don't hesitate to go public now.
28"Don't be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There's nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands. (Matthew 10:26-28)

32-33"Stand up for me against world opinion and I'll stand up for you before my Father in heaven. If you turn tail and run, do you think I'll cover for you? (Matthew 32-33)


It would be SOOO MUCH easier NOT TO SAY A THING.. I don't want to be at odds with anyone.. I would love to be friends with everyone and never have one person mad at me.. But, I feel compelled...

(Jeremiah 20:9)
But if I say, "Forget it!
No more God-Messages from me!"
The words are fire in my belly,
a burning in my bones.
I'm worn out trying to hold it in.
I can't do it any longer
!

Galatians 1:10 For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ.

The Lord saved and delivered me from SO MUCH... I did HORRIBLE VILE things, and HE still had mercy on me, when I deserved NOTHING... I tremble at the thought of the times I could have died, but somehow HE did not let that happen.. I would have died without Him.. For all eternity... That is what I think about when I post most things... Someone dying without Him for all eternity.. It is not because I don't want someone to be happy, or that I don't accept them... (I like my quite life, I don't need drama..) But, it is not about me, is it?

Ezek. 3:10-11 Then he said, "Son of man, get all these words that I'm giving you inside you. Listen to them obediently. Make them your own. And now go. Go to the exiles, your people, and speak. Tell them, 'This is the Message of God, the Master.' Speak your piece, whether they listen or not."

Ezek. 3:17-19Whenever you hear me say something, warn them for me. If I say to the wicked, 'You are going to die,' and you don't sound the alarm warning them that it's a matter of life or death, they will die and it will be your fault. I'll hold you responsible. But if you warn the wicked and they keep right on sinning anyway, they'll most certainly die for their sin, but you won't die. You'll have saved your life.


Ezek. 3: 20-21 "And if the righteous turn back from living righteously and take up with evil when I step in and put them in a hard place, they'll die. If you haven't warned them, they'll die because of their sins, and none of the right things they've done will count for anything—and I'll hold you responsible. But if you warn these righteous people not to sin and they listen to you, they'll live because they took the warning—and again, you'll have saved your life."



1 comment:

  1. I am with you my accidental friend. ha ha!!! Keep pressing on and hang tightly to the audience of ONE! It is He who we are trying to seek approval of. And guess what Because of Jesus' blood we already have it. It covered everything and anything vile we have done and could be yet to come - Let's stay close to the Grace and walk above reproach!! Love to you my friend!! Leigh

    ReplyDelete