Friday, November 14, 2008

AM I READY?

ACTS 21:13
12-13When we heard that, we and everyone there that day begged Paul not to be stubborn and persist in going to Jerusalem. But Paul wouldn't budge: "Why all this hysteria? Why do you insist on making a scene and making it even harder for me? You're looking at this backward. The issue in Jerusalem is not what they do to me, whether arrest or murder, but what the Master Jesus does through my obedience. Can't you see that?"


I have to admit, I do not think that I am there yet... I wonder if you asked God, if HE could make this the cry of your heart? I wonder if that is a prayer that He answers or if there is something that I need to do about it..?

I think that it is going to start being harder to be a Christian.. I am not freaking out, I just want to be ready and stand my ground, in love..


I was talking to the Lord yesterday about all this, because I was thinking about how people were going to some churches in New York and protesting... And how they actually went into a church and were shouting and spewing foul language from the pulpit at the people.. There will be another protest on Saturday.. I pray that the scales FALL FROM THEIR EYES, in Jesus' name, and a hedge of protection over the churches that they go to...

So, I was talking to Him about the possibility of going to prison one day for standing for what I believe... If that happened, I could not see my kids, or husband for who knows how long... It is a sobering thought.. I don't think WE are there yet, but it is a very real possibility... Am I ready? I don't know, but I pray that the Lord does a mighty work in my heart, so that if that is what it came to, I could count it all joy..

2 Corinthians 12:10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong...


I like the Message's translations of
Acts 5:41:

That convinced them. They called the apostles back in. After giving them a thorough whipping, they warned them not to speak in Jesus' name and sent them off. The apostles went out of the High Council overjoyed because they had been given the honor of being dishonored on account of the Name. Every day they were in the Temple and homes, teaching and preaching Christ Jesus, not letting up for a minute.



Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment