Friday, July 9, 2010

~ Real Life Chronicles ~ {I Stand in Awe}

{Holding my precious 1st born in August 1995}

I don't even know where to begin... I am in complete and utter awe today... The Lord has just blessed me more than I could even ever wish for or deserve...

I am getting another second chance...

If you have followed my blog at all you know that I have written about how the Lord delivered me from drugs and alcohol in June 2004...

Some months before that my son's father came back into his life, after being gone for 3 years.

When his dad came back, I let them see each other... I let his dad have another chance with Trent...

In February 2004 Trent was 7 years old and was not happy about me disciplining him, and told me he wanted to go live with his dad.. I was a functioning alcoholic at that point, but when Trent left, I went ahead and hit bottom... Bad...

Then in June, four months later the Lord saved and delivered me from drugs and alcohol.. You can read about it HERE

It has been a hard, hard, hard, gut-wrentching road not having my baby with me on a daily basis... All I ever wanted was to have a family and be a mommy... It has been humbling, and I even now see how the Lord was restoring time to his dad, even when he did not deserve it... I judged him for being out of the picture, and judged my parents for the things they did. I learned how to forgive him and my parents...

I thought on Thursday that I was going to be sending him back off to Texas, but everything changed... Trent told me that he wanted to move here, and start school here in the fall...

So we talked about it, and talked to his dad and the decision has been made...

He is coming home...



I don't even know what to say... I get another second chance... I don't deserve it, but I am going to receive this blessing, and soak it up... I am in awe... The Lord has taught me so much in this time... 7 years is a long season, but it is over and a new one is beginning... I am humbled and overjoyed, and so... in... awe...

Thank You Father... thank You...
Joel 2:25: And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust.....


Psalm 103:1~5: Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, I am happy you serve a God of second chance. Enjoy your new blessing!

    ReplyDelete