Tuesday, January 27, 2009

~Testimony Tuesday~



If you are new to Testimony Tuesday you can click here if you would like to read how this got started and what it is about...

My Testimony for this week...

I was reminded of this story yesterday when I was in my eight year old's room cleaning... (He needs help.. )

I found this baggy with a paper towel in it.. I was just going to throw it away, but I opened the paper towel to see if anything was in it.. I found all these tiny shells that were purple on the inside (my favorite color), and I remembered that we found those in Hilton Head a couple of summers ago... And then it reminded me of how God showed up big in my oldest son's (Trent) life...

A couple of summers ago we were in Hilton Head, SC on vacation... And I wanted to spend some alone time with Trent, so I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk down the beach..

We were walking and talking and finding neat shells on the beach... When the boys find anything purple, they give it to me because they know it is my favorite color.. (That is how I had that bag of purple shells...)

Trent found a shell and it looked like it had a lion head on it and I said something about the Lion of Judah... We talked about the Lord some and continued on our search for treasure..

He made the comment that he wished that he could take a horseshoe crab home with him..

They get up to about 2ft. in length and can weigh as much as 10lbs...!!!

We would find some dead and washed ashore, and he would want to take it back to the beach house and let it dry out and take it home... But they were big and they would start to stink I am sure, so I told him that we could not...

He said that he wished he could take the tail of one home... In the two years we had been to Hilton Head, we had only seen whole horseshoe crabs...

I told him that we could pray and specifically ask the Lord for a horseshoe crab tail.. We prayed and continued walking...

A littl while later I wanted to turn around and walk back, but Trent asked if we could walk a little further.. So, we walked a little further and guess what we found?!?!?! A Horseshoe Crab TAIL!!!! Trent was so excited!!!

We had the best conversation about the Lord on the way back and I felt so blessed that HE would make HIMSELF known to my child like that! Thank You Lord! And thank YOU for helping me remember that story yesterday!


So, now it is your turn! How did the Lord save you or how does HE make HIMSELF known to you, in your everyday life! I would love to hear your testimonies!

3 comments:

  1. Tracy,
    Great story.

    Not only does God take care of our big prayers but He answers the little ones,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you and I were headed in the same direction. He cares about and is very active in even the smallest details of our lives.

    I love how He shows Himself to the kids too. Sometimes I act as if He won't do that or they won't get it. Not enough faith in that area apparently.

    Great story Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late...but it's just a bit more...a piece...but there were so many pieces I am gathering them a little at a time for GOD'S glory and to show HIS healing.

    Love your story Tracy!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete