Tuesday, January 13, 2009

~Testimony Tuesday~

Testimony Tuesday at Transparent Life




I would just like to explain a little,what this is about, (although the title says it all) for those of you who are new to "Testimony Tuesday".

About a month ago it popped into my head about doing "Testimony Tuesday"... The scripture that comes to mind is Revelation 12:11a: And they have overcome (conquered) him (Satan) by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony.

I thought that it would be good to think on the things the Lord has done in the past.. I love hearing other people's testimony too... We all have our testimony of when the Lord saved us. We also have testimonies of how the Lord shows up in our everyday lives to make Himself known... Some people think it is a coincidence, but it is not, IT'S HIM! :-)

So, that is what I want to hear about! Share how HE saved you, how HE speaks to you, and/or how HE makes Himself known in your everyday life!



Also: I just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Edie from http://richgifts.blogspot.com/ for making the beautiful blog button at the top of this page!!! Thank you so much Edie, for working so hard on this, and redoing and redoing for me, and for putting up with me! I love you!

My Testimony This Week:
Sometimes the Lord wakes me up with a word, that sometimes I have no clue is even a word or how it is used... This has happened 5 times in 12 years...

In December 2004, I woke up early, early with a word in my brain, going over and over... It was "clysmic"... I sat there in bed trying to wake-up and figure out what it was... I thought, "Is that even a word?" I knew it was part of a word,cataclysmic and it FREAKED ME OUT! I thought maybe the Lord was telling me something bad was going to happen, so what do I do? I try to ignore it...

All day at work "clysmic" would pop into my head, so I was afraid all day and trying to work...

Finally, at the end of the day I decided to see if "it" was even a word...

It was definitely a word, and the Lord was definitely trying to tell me something, and I was shocked at the definition...

Clys´mic
a. 1. Washing; cleansing.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.

It was so amazing that HE would choose to tell me what He was doing in my life, in that way... He could have just said it... But, then I could have thought, like we do sometimes, "Did I just make that up, or what that the Lord, or was that the enemy?"

Am I the only one who does that?

No, HE did it in a way that only HE could get the glory, and I would never doubt that it was HIM!!! HE IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!

I did not know which testimony I was going to post today, but early this morning I had a word in my head that I did not know, and it made me think about this time.. He is sooo funny!

Early, early this morning I had the word "Serge" in head, so I went and looked it up. It means: "servant"...

I am not sure what HE is saying to me, but I am sure HE will tell me... My favorite scripture right now is Jeremiah 33:3: "Call upon Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you do not know." So, I will be asking HIM about this "Serge" thing...







2 comments:

  1. This is great Tracy. I don't recall ever having a *word* from the Lord like that. I love how He will speak to each of us in ways that we understand best.

    I HAVE done exactly the questioning you described. There is something very specific in my life that I do that with a lot even now, and I thought about it as I read that part.

    So glad you got the button and code in time for this. ;) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat!
    I just love it when the Lord wakes me up early in the morning.
    Some people think your "crazy" then you say that God spoke to you,yep "crazy" in love with Jesus!

    love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete